Tuesday, February 7, 2012
My Parents
I have forgotten more of the great things my parents have done than I remember. They do so many good things to help other people and I love that, it's a great thing to look up to as well. Something I particularly remember is one time around Christmas when they were taking donations and needed new toys to put into the Christmas mart for families needing help in Canton South. My parents took me and Vanni shopping and we picked out a lot of cool toys and then donated them to the mart. They also donated some money and encouraged me and Vanni to do the same. So we each gave twenty dollars, but we did this willingly because we actually worked at the Christmas mart then and saw how much those people appreciated everything being done there. Most kids don't want to donate their money, and I can sort of understand this because they don't really realize what that money is going to and the good that it is doing. Since and early age my parents have shown us the importance and help you can give not only by donating money, but more importantly by just paying attention to someone. They have also stood up for everything they believe in and are not afraid to stand up for others and what they think is right. This has definitively transferred to me and my sister as well. They are just great people, parents and role models.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment